[Disclaimer: I haven't read the book by E. M. Forester. It was recently shown on Masterpiece Theatre, but we didn't watch it.]
I was laying in bed today trying to nap (my screaming toddler pretty much made it impossible) and I saw the most beautiful view out my bedroom window. We have large evergreen trees on our side of the building and I can see about the top six feet of one out of my second story bedroom window.
The tree was waving in the breeze framed by clear blue sky. The branches looked so soft; such a contrast to the sharp needles. Growing up on the farm we would mow around all those evergreen trees my parents planted and loved. There was nothing soft about them.
I stopped taking sleep pills over a month ago and have been sleeping very well until lately. This past week I have been experiencing insomnia. It is taking me hours to fall asleep. Unfortunately I can't enjoy the beautiful view out my window at night.
I think Pete is thankful I have so far resisted the urge to wake him when I can't sleep. Insomnia makes me wish we had cable so I had more choices of nothing to watch at midnight.
About my screaming toddler: we tried to get her to nap twice today but she wasn't having any of it. She was screaming so hard the second time that I went in to make sure everything was ok. She put her foot up on the side rail of the pack 'n' play and was going to get out. I just stepped back and waited to see what would happen.
She makes me laugh with all her attempts to climb on things and then asks me to "carry you" down the stairs. I guess it is good to be almost two and have the luxury of deciding when and where you want to be independent and when you just want Mommy to carry you.
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment