Genevieve is so my daughter. She is so stubborn.
It is such a beautiful day. We went to the lake with friends and new friends and had a wonderful time. Gen has been so reluctant at splash pads and pools, but loved the lake. She played in the sand and waded in the water. We had a wonderful spot on the beach that was shady.
My friend Molly put lawn chairs in the water for her children. Gen was lured into the water after seeing her chair out there. She got started with the "My chair! My chair!" Never mind she was sitting on a chair belonging to Molly's kid. If I never hear the word "my" again . . . but that is another story.
After a few fun hours at the lake, we all headed home. Gen and I stopped at McDonald's on the way home. She enjoyed two chicken nuggets and a couple of fries. What she liked most was the ketchup. We don't have it at home so it was a special treat. Twice I caught her trying to drink it out of the cup.
We next stopped at Target for a new tee-tee (watering can). Gen's got dropped getting out of the car at the lake and broke on the pavement. It wasn't a big deal, but I often use it to lure her into the bath tub.
We went down every toy isle once and some twice. I was just about to head to Walmart when I spotted the very last toy watering can in the store! It was my lucky day.
When we got home I stuck Gen in the tub. It seemed like a good idea since she still had a little sand in her pull-up and other places too. She took a nice long bath. Here is the part about her being my daughter that you have been waiting for:
SHE IS RUNNING AROUND THE HOUSE NAKED! (Okay that isn't why she is like me. I wear underwear and a shirt, just no pants.)
I wanted her to put on underwear (training pants) or a pull-up. She kept saying no. I said that was fine but she couldn't leave the bathroom without underwear on. She was just fine with that. After several minutes of watching her get up and down from her stool, I had enough of being trapped in the bathroom and here we are.
She is now eating a granola bar at the table naked. Now my mom says it is okay for her to run around naked while we are potty training, but I hate it. (Also my mom would say "without any clothes on." As kids she would always tell us, "There is no such word as naked." I never understood that.) I also hate what a push over I am. I try to make it okay by saying I am "picking my battles" but who am I kidding?
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment