Friday, August 29, 2008

I'll Be An Aunt (Again)!!

We found out yesterday the new baby is a niece! We expect her at the end of the year. Catherine emailed the news after her ultra sound yesterday. Hopefully all continues to go well. This past winter Brian gutted the baby's room and added sheet rock (it was panneling), new carpet, lighting and a closet. We got a peek at Blake's birthday party at it looks great.

Our other niece, Rajah, and her brother Spencer celebrated their birthdays last Saturday. They had a carnival in the backyard and cake. Later we had walking tacos and cake to celebrate Paul's (Pete's brother) graduation from grad school and new job. I hope they do a carnival again next year. Gen had fun, but at age 3 she will be able to participate in more games.

Pete has taken the last two Thursdays off in an effort to use up vacation days before the end of September. Last week we went to the lake. This week Gen and I attended a previously planned play date and Pete worked on some stuff for school and went to the gym. In the afternoon we had Tuesday baby and she is here again now. She is getting so big - she will be 8 months old tomorrow. It is so fun to see her only once a week. I can see the changes in her more easily that when Gen was that age and I saw her everyday.

Pete is planning to start school at the end of the month and pursue his MBA at Minnesota School of Business. We are just waiting for the admission process to get finalized. Cross your fingers!

No comments: