Sunday, August 17, 2008

What's That?

Gen is sitting at the table with Pete paging through coloring books asking what is on every page! "What's that? What's that?" Today in the car she asked me what each part of the back of her mini magna doodle was. I finally had to tell her it was the back and some things don't have names. I guess we should be thankful for her curiosity, but that is a LOT of questions.

We had a nice weekend. We attended a Mayo family reunion outside of Brainerd. Pete's Grandma Myrtis was a Mayo so it we get together with the descendants of her siblings. Gen had fun playing in the sand and on the swing set. She was the dirtiest I have ever seen her. Pete and I had a chance to take a quiet canoe trip on the river. And of course, there was good food. Gen sat at the table eating for an hour. She has a patience that I envy. She ate enough food during the first half hour that she got to have cake. For the second half hour she meticulously ate the frosting off the cake, one tiny fork full at a time, and then a few tiny bites of cake.

Today Pete woke me up so we could get to early church. I don't know what they were talking about in nursery, but Gen came home with a smile and eyes on her finger. They must have been doing a finger play. We went to Grandma Susan's to mow lawn, wash her car and have lunch. She made chicken on the grill which is a treat since we don't have one. Gen ate enough lunch to have dessert: angel food cake, lemon curd and blueberries. She ate and ate and finished every last bite. It is amazing how small those bites of lemon curd "frosting" were. We came home for naps and Pete got a much needed haircut.

Pete has now moved to the couch with a book hoping the questions will stop. Now he is trying, "What does it look like?" and "What is it?" Oh, they are cracking me up!

No comments: