It is the Summer of the Bruise for Gen. I know she has been walking just less than a year now, but she is getting some rough knees. We took her to a park in Waite Park yesterday and a school park in Sartell today. She must have tripped at least five times at the park today.
Pete walked on the equipment with Gen and I caught her at the bottom. At one point she went down a small slide walking. She surprised both Pete and I. Luckily I was in place and caught her when she tumbled. The culprit? Teenage boys. It seems the school playground is a hangout for young teens that don't yet drive. Two boys came by on rollerblades and decided to try going down the slides with them on. I told Pete I was glad we had a girl.
Otherwise the older kids were just fine. Gen spent a lot of time on the swings watching the older kids. Both days she was upset when it was time to go.
I got Gen a small play sink with an attached stove at a garage sale. It is just the perfect size for condo living. The only problem is she doesn't play with it. Tonight she is playing with a wisk, slotted spoon and bowl at the table. No need to buy expensive toys!
Sunday, June 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment