Pete has the day off so the three of us went to the gym together. I weighed in at 30 lbs less than a year ago!!
Since August 3, I have been eating no refined sugar, no gluten, no dairy and low meat. I feel great - my stomach issues are better - and I am down 14 lbs since then. It is nice to not have the sugar roller coaster going on.
I am trying to encourage my family to give no refined sugar a try because the results are AMAZING, but so far it is a no go. Pete and I both have a family history of diabetes, so both of us cutting back has been great health choice. Pete isn't doing no sugar, but not having any sugary food in the house is certainly making a difference for him.
So far my diet changes have been fairly easy to follow. My first big cheat (in over a month) was to have a bun with my buffalo burger at Big Iron yesterday. I will write about our trip to Fargo more when Donna emails me photos.
Pete has been a big support encouraging me to stay away from cake at family birthday parties. I am going to treat myself to this for my birthday. (Check out that web site. She calls herself an "amateur" baker, but makes the most wonderful things and takes beautiful macro shots of it. It is my favorite site to get my Internet chocolate/sugar fix.)
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment