Saturday, September 6, 2008

Leg Hugs

Lately Genevieve has been giving us spontaneous leg hugs. It is wonderful to see the joy and love in such a little one.

Last night and today, Pete is taking photos at a golf tournament. Last night we took salads to Aunt Donna's for supper to get out of the house a bit. We ended up going to Grandma's to help her prepare for company today.

On the way out the door to Grandma's, Donna gave Gen a pink purse and five nickels she had been saving for two years! (Okay, she was saving the purse. It didn't take her two years to save up the 25 cents. She had been waiting for Gen to be old enough to play with it.) At Grandma's Gen played with Grandma's new toy - a little tea set. (And Grandma says we have too many toys!) She put the nickels in the tea pot and moved them to the cups and back around again. At home she plays with cereal in her tea pot, but I guess some change will do in a pinch.

Donna mowed the lawn, I cleaned up the floors and helped Grandma prep for making ice cream. Gen enjoyed some time on her bike and putting Black Eyed Susans in an ornamental bird house. The problem was picking them out again.

Last night I over estimated the temperature when we left home. Gen needs to start wearing a warm hat instead of a sun hat, and according to Grandma and Donna, I need to start wearing actual shoes, not sandals. I guess it is fall.

No comments: