I made soup this afternoon! I have been eating soup everyday for lunch and was having to buy the pricey organic to get soup without sugar. Who would put sugar in bean soup???
I made split pea, well, sort of. I ended up putting in the usual carrot and celery, but why stop there? I also put in a sweet potato and some frozen, mashed cauliflower. I did see a recipe on the A Year of Crock Potting blog that included a potato, but sweet ones are so much better for us than white ones. Overall I am pleased with my first effort.
My next soup will be lentil. I found a recipe online by Alton Brown of Good Eats. It calls for some spices I don't have so I will have to put them on my list. It is amazing how much more affordable it is to make your own soup. And as a bonus it doesn't have any gluten, sugar or msg.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment