Thursday, April 3, 2008

. . . And Stole My Bible!

I am often reminded of the opening sequence of the movie Romancing The Stone. The heroine is listing the bad things the bad guys have done and the last is "and stole my Bible!" It wasn't bad enough they killed her mama, they also stole her Bible.

I just got a new Bible. I read in Passionate Housewives about the importance of quiet time with God and how that time can and should be very flexible with children at home. I was inspired and began looking at different Bibles including Bibles edited for women. I choose The Power of A Praying Woman Bible edited by Stormie Omartian. It is a beautiful NIV version with prayer suggestions, articles to help understand passages about prayer and in depth looks at significant praying people. One thing I liked about this Bible was that it was edited by one person. Many of the Bibles geared towards women include writings by many different women. I liked the continuity of this edition.

I also have to make a plug for www.Chrisitanbook.com here. I love how they allow you to see online excerpts from each of the books they sell. Also, their pricing is excellent and shipping is fair. They estimated I would receive my book, mailed at the cheapest rate, in two weeks. I received it in less than a week and have been very pleased.

1 comment:

Larry and Marlys said...

Anne, I'm enjoying reading your blog. The pictures are great fun. Be sure to print a copy of the blog to put in Gen's book.
Grandma Wilson