I wish I could show you a picture of this beautiful April snow day, but I am having trouble with my camera. The phone rang this morning before 8 am and seems to have not stopped. Pete's boss called to say he should plan on staying home a bit with the roads being bad. His boss ended up giving him a ride to work as he lives near by - one less car on the road today.
I did a few quick errands this morning while Pete was still home. So weird to pull the winter coat out of the closet again. I am one of those people who strips off the winter coat and slips on the sandals as early as possible. I remember Pete being horrified with how early I wore sandals the spring I was pregnant with Gen. I was just so hot!
Pete and I have such different communication styles. When I ran out this morning I gave him quick instructions for Gen's oatmeal. He usually does a waffle. When I returned I realized how broad my directions were. Pete did exactly as I explained, but not what I intended. It is surprising to me how quickly things are misunderstood and we were only talking about oatmeal! As pretty much opposites, Pete and I need to slow down and make sure the other person fully understands.
Gen is on a raisin kick. She has been eating at least one of the smaller boxes for each of the last several days. We are trying not to give her a lot of dried fruit since she tends to be constipated, but I am so happy she is eating something. On Wednesday we ran out of our WIC provided lactose-free milk and I purchased a half gallon of regular whole milk. Today I picked up another gallon of whole milk as she seems fine. We have been thinking she does not have a lactose sensitivity as she is constipated ALL the time even on the lactose-free milk. There must be something else at issue. I will speak to her doctor at her two year appointment next month.
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment