Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Flying Days

Skipped the gym today in favor of a play date at my friend Rachel's home with Megan and Candi also in attendance. Thankfully, by the time we headed out the roads were merely wet. Rachel had coffee, tea, and yummy muffins with flax, carrots and nuts. Am eagerly awaiting the muffin recipe. Gen only had one bite before eating half a banana. Perhapse if I added raisins? Gen enjoyed playing with a baby doll that makes sucking noises when you put in its paci and cries when you take it out. It is fun to see the kids running around, but even better to have some adult conversation and hold the babies (both named Elizabeth).

Gen had such a good time she was sad to leave. Okay, the truth is she had a fit when I tried to get on her coat and hat. The last two years have flown by and I am hoping the terrible twos that we have entered will fly by just as quickly. Motherhood is always changing. By the time you get good at catching puke, they are crawling across the room. Now that I have gotten proficient at putting a coat on a screaming toddler, soon she will want to put it on herself. I need to remind myself that just like pregnancy, every baby phase comes to an end. She might be in the hissy-fit stage now, but it won't last forever. The days fly and before we know it, Gen will be flying the nest.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey Anne,

Sherry sent the link to your blog. I have enjoyed reading it and catching up on your lives.

I have been thinking about these "flying" days a lot this week, especially since I have had two fit throwing toddlers on my hands the past few days. Corinn decided to revert back to her terrible twos for three consecutive days, but she's back to her blissful three-year-old self today. It is helpful to remember that these days don't last long and to savor the sweet, special parts of them. Of course, tantrums can be exhausting and I am certainly excited for the day when Noah outgrows his excessive fit throwing.

It's all about the journey, and where I'm at right now doesn't matter so much as where I'm headed in the end. I'm learning a lot on my way.