It was so nice to have a "holiday" with Pete today. All day I felt like it was Saturday. We had a good time at the museum even though the Sesame Street room was more of a museum exhibit than hands-on experience. I guess I should have read more about the exhibit before we left. The displays were very wordy and mostly about the history of the show.
Genevieve did love a room where they used a green screen to put you on tv with Rosetta, Count or Elmo. Mommy thought it was pretty cool too. Did you know the Count's full name is Count Von Count? I didn't know this bit of trivia until I started watching the show with Gen.
Gen also enjoyed the Habitot room. It is a room for kids age 4 and under with prairie, pond and forest settings, all super acesable for the little ones. Gen liked running up a ramp, twirling huge sunflowers and crawling back down the rolling prairie. (Pictures to follow soon!) We visited this room twice.
We all enjoyed a room with fabulous kid sized play areas of a bus, restraunt, uniform store, grocery store, etc. Well, she enjoyed it until she pinched her finger in the cash register at the grocery store. We ended up with the nicest employee in the first aid station with our SCREAMING toddler and an ice pack. The only disturbing part for Pete and I was that the employee looked about 16. He was supper nice and professional, but are we getting old? I mean older?
We ended up getting Gen a bright pink sun hat at the Hannah Andersson Outlet in Albertvile. In Maple Grove we got some great sandals and a few things at Trader Joe's. Gen got a free balloon at Trader Joe's and it just made her day. Too bad we drove all the way to the museum!
We MUST be getting old, I mean older. Pete and I were just exhausted on the way home. I missed my nap and we weren't used to watching so many enthusiastic kids running around. When we got home Pete and I took naps while Gen talked in her pack-n-play for an hour.
We enjoyed our "holiday" so much we are planning one for summer. Next time we will head to the Como Zoo for a day of animal fun.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment