Monday, April 7, 2008

Strong-Willed Child

I just requested The Strong-Willed Child by James Dobson from the library and should get it in the next few days. I know Gen is just going through the "terrible twos" but I am not a strong disciplinarian. I have no idea what to do and as her primary care giver I want to prevent us from ending up with a Sassy Sally down the road.

Gen sure surprised us yesterday. She has been very resistant to taking a nap lately. Yesterday after church she and I went to Grandma Susan's to help with laundry while Pete did sound at second and third services (May 25 we go down to two services for the summer. Yippee!) When we got home I laid her down for what I thought would be a short nap after which we would head to our nephew's birthday party. Over three hours later, Pete woke up and saw how embarrassingly late we were going to be. Just when you get used to kids behaving in one fashion they go and surprise you.

Gen had a good time at the birthday party, but wanted to play like the big kids. She wanted to follow her seven cousins to the basement where the toys are and help out in the computer room. She enjoyed putting on a show at the table, asking for and then refusing food. It is a good thing she is so cute!

No comments: