Friday, April 4, 2008

Sunshine On My Shoulders

I am sitting out on the balcony enjoying the beautiful weather. I just laid Genevieve down and not sure if No Nap/No Bath Wilson is going to fall asleep or just have some quiet time. I am checking out our lawn (ok, it's really a golf course) and am glad I don't have to get it looking green and beautiful again. My mom offered to give me a wicker settee for out here, but even just sitting on a kitchen chair fills up the space. I think we could fit just a few stacking chairs out here.

I am talking to our spiders. Last fall when we moved in I spoke to them about not living at our place anymore and they pretty much agreed. Well, I "spoke" to them with some chemical spray out on the balcony. Today I found a spider web above our patio door (INSIDE!!) and I am pretty sure that violates our agreement. The worst part is I didn't see or kill the spider. He is in there somewhere hiding. Perhaps I should just remain out here! My mom finds my fear of spiders irrational and hopes I don't pass it along to Genevieve. I don't think there is any way to hide the creepy-crawly feeling they give me. Icky. I can't write about it anymore.

I am planning to either get Gen out for a walk or to Wilson Park to run around this afternoon. We were at the gym from 10 to 11 and she wouldn't go outside with the other kids. They said they asked her several times. It surprises me because I have a hard time getting her from the car into our building. She likes to look around and count the cars that drive by.

This week I have been making an effort to have Gen walk instead of carrying her. I often carry her to get going out the door faster, so am having to slow down and be more patient. I have to plan more time to get places, but hey, we have nothing but time. Twice this week she has walked up most of the stairs to our condo completely on her own! The "I want to do it myself" stage just makes me want a cuddly baby again. The good thing is it doesn't take me long to remember how much Gen cried when she was tiny and I appreciate her independence a little more. (I feel I need to explain and remind you that she had such digestive issues as the baby and is still fighting constipation on a daily basis. Boy could that kid cry! She spit up on us, herself and the chair SO MUCH that we put an old quilt over the rocker/recliner to protect it. Glad those days are over.)

No comments: